- Flaxseed oil is a rich, plant-based source of omega-3, -6 and -9 fatty acids.
- Omega-3 alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) and omega-6 linoleic acid (LA) are essential fatty acids (EFAs) which cannot be produced by the body and can only be obtained through diet and supplementation.
- EFAs are good fats which help maintain the optimal structural integrity of cell membranes and play an important role in supporting the proper functioning of every cell in the body.
- EFAs are beneficial for healthy skin, hair and nails.
- Omega-9 oleic acid (OA) helps support a healthy body.
- Recommended for vegetarians who wish to reap the benefits of omega-3 without having to take fish oil.