If you have got a burning sensation in your chest, behind your breastbone, accompanied by a bitter taste in your mouth, it is probably heartburn. Despite its name, heartburn actually has nothing to do with your heart. It is a common symptom of acid reflux, a condition in which acid-containing content in your stomach flows back up into your esophagus. It can last from a few minutes to several hours, or even longer.
When you eat, a muscle called the lower esophageal sphincter (LES) opens to allow food to pass into your stomach, then closes as soon as food passes through it. However, if the LES does not close properly, stomach acid can reach your esophagus and cause repeated bouts of heartburn.
Stressed? You may feel it in your gut too!
While smoking, alcohol and poor eating habits are the underlying factors of heartburn, stress can worsen its symptoms. It makes you more sensitive to slight increases in stomach acid levels. The resulting pain can be an annoyance in your daily life, which adds up to your stress. That can turn into a vicious cycle.
Often referred to as your second brain, your gut and brain are connected physically through millions of nerves. Stress can affect this brain-gut communication, taking a toll on your digestive system far more than you may realise.
What is GERD?
Occasional heartburn is fairly common. However, if you experience heartburn more than twice a week, you may have gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). Symptoms of GERD include:
- Chest pain
- Difficulty swallowing
Many over-the-counter (OTC) and prescription medications are used to manage heartburn and the symptoms of GERD. These treatments work in different ways and have varying adverse effects such as headaches, constipation, diarrhea, abdominal cramps, etc.
How to relieve heartburn naturally?
Ease the discomforts with VitaHealth CHARGE-UP™ GUSTOCALM for rapid relief of heartburn and healing of the stomach lining.
- Synergistic combination of Gastro-AD® & GutGard®
- Rapid & long-lasting relief in 15 minutes
- Natural & safe for long-term consumption
- Does not cause side effects
- Refreshing chewable tablets
- Rapidly relieves heartburn & stomach burning sensations by reducing stomach acidity
- Provides long-term relief from heartburn, vomiting and gastric discomfort
- Protects stomach lining from degradation by inhibiting enzyme protease
- Boosts immune system for gastric ulceration healing
- Inhibits adhesion & growth of pylori which can cause peptic ulcers
- Inhibits the growth of pathogens without affecting beneficial bacteria
Adults – Chew 2 tablets, 30 minutes before meals or right after meals. Take 1-4 times daily depending on severity.